Ensure critical railway system requirements are met
The complex interdependencies of signalling, telecommunications, power supply and other safety critical equipment and systems in the rail sector pose real challenges for operators and manufacturers. It is essential to ensure that safety, performance, quality and interoperability objectives are met as cost-efficiently as possible.
Additionally, European Train Control System (ERTMS/ETCS), a uniform control and train protection system, is set to replace the existing safety systems in Europe, presenting rail businesses with additional requirements that must be fulfilled.
TÜV SÜD and its subsidiaries have the experience and skills to provide comprehensive support for all aspects of electrical and mechanical (E&M) systems. Through Railcert, a Notified Body, we are able to facilitate a quick and efficient integration of EC verification and conformity assessment tasks. SIGNON contributes extensive expert knowledge in E&M systems, with vast experience gained from implementing over 2500 rail system and engineering projects in European and international markets.
Our services at a glance
E&M System Services
- Preliminary design and execution design, evaluation and preparation of inventory documents
- Preparation of installation plans
- Studies and concepts, benchmarking, traffic simulations
- Preparation of tenders, specifications, operational concepts and rules
- Interface management
- Self developed tools for project support
- Verification and validation of generic products and applications
- ERTMS system integration
- Product testing according to environmental safety, EMC, electrical safety, functional safety and security issues
Independent safety assessment (ISA) and certification
- Assessment of evidence of safety, function and security including conformity assessments in accordance with EU directives
- Plan verification and acceptance tests
- Product and system certification