Testing and certification of toys
Whether you are a manufacturer or a distributor, a key to success for your products on the market is that they are fully compliant with relevant legislation. Compliance with legislation is certified by the CE mark which the manufacturer is required to display on the product or on the packaging.
The purpose of the relevant directives 88/378/EEC and 2009/48/EC and of the joint decree of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism and the Ministry of Public Welfare no. 24/1998 (IV.29.) is that only safe toys are put on the market. By its tests, TÜV SÜD supports you in complying with Hungarian or EU regulations and standards or in meeting your individual obligations. Whether it is about any toy safety directive, REACH, RoHS, EMC, EN, azo dyes, phthalates or PAH – we are here to assist you in respecting limit values, to certify compliance of your products, and to ensure that all necessary proofs, test reports and certificates are available in due course, even in the case of any changes in legislation. In Hungary, TÜV SÜD is the only designated organization having the right to issue certificates on the basis of its own tests.
- Type testing and certification on the basis of the set of criteria of the applicable series of standards EN 71, and the EN 60115 standard, directive and regulation
- Inspection of documentation, preparing and verification of labels and notices to customers
- Mechanic and physical safety test: prevention of risks of physical injury, swallowing and inhalation
- Safety risks of chemical nature: simulation of the absorption through the skin or mucosa, and of substances getting to the stomach
- Elimination of carcinogenic and mutagenic substances
- Issue of test protocols
- Assessment of compliance and certification